REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on the appropriate link, at the bottom of this page.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount listed below). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown below). Make checks payable to 'American Legion Post 42'. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you or left at the Post.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946) World War II
(June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955) Korean War
(February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
(August 24, 1982 - July 31,1984) Lebanon/Grenada
(December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990) Operation Just Cause
(August 2, 1990 - Today)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.
You can click on the appropriate link below, then save it to your computer. Then open it with Adobe Reader. Please enter the information, within the form and then print it out.
For Legionnaires: (New App or Renewal App) Click Here
For Auxiliary: (New App or Renewal App) Click Here
For S.A.L.: (New App) Click Here
For S.A.L.: (Renewal App) Click Here
Auxiliary: Senior (18+ yrs old) $25.00 Junior (Birth - 17yrs old) $5.00
S.A.L.: Dual Member (Legionnaire Post 42 & SAL) $15.00
Senior (21+ yrs old) $20.00 Junior (Birth - 20yrs old) $10.00